How to find the perfect wedding dress you ask? Well, it can be a tricky task, yet one of the most important. Each and every bride-to-be is beautiful in her own way. With each loving and loathing something about their appearance. Luckily we now live in a age of stunning wedding dresses, designed to suit every body-shape and personal style.
I love fitted lace style gowns. However as I am short and really quite curvy they just do not suit me. I’m ok with that, even though I would have loved a fitted lace dress. You can’t drastically change your shape but you can change the style of dress you choose.
I always felt I knew what styles suited me the best & I wasn’t too far off. I went to the bridal shop with an open mind, which allowed me to try on different shapes and styles that I wouldn’t normally even consider. By doing so I found that I really suited a fishtail style dress. Ok, it wasn’t the lace style which I loved, but a more heavy weight fabric that had some structure. Never the less it suited me.
As a bride you want to look your best. So have a look at my top tips for choosing the perfect wedding dress and you won’t go far wrong:
- Set a budget – the last thing you want to do is fall in love with a £2000 dress when you only have £800 to spend.
- Get recommendations for bridal boutiques.
- Go with an open mind.
- Research styles to reflect your style and personality.
- Start looking as soon as you have set a wedding date. Some dresses take 9 months to make. Then you need time for alterations!
- Take any cut outs or fabric samples you have.
- If you have a colour scheme or flowers in mind let the boutique know.
- If you have any jewellery or shoes you want to wear take them with you when you try on dresses. Remember, some types of shoe can be dyed to match an outfit.
- Take a couple of people with you that will give their honest opinions. It’s no good having someone who will say that you look amazing in everything, it wont help you decide!
- Visit more than one bridal boutique. They will stock different designers. Quite often designers will only work with one or two boutiques in one area. You might have to travel if the design you want isn’t available in your area.
Just remember the more details about you, your style and your ideas you give the boutique, the more chance you have of finding your perfect wedding dress. You never know what gems they might have hiding out the back!