I love a great cocktail. Having worked in a cocktail bar in my younger days, I think my love for them has stuck with me. The cocktail bar was also the place I met my husband and built some life long friendships. Plus I learnt a few skills along the way.
My current favourite cocktail is a ‘Porn Star Martini’ packed full of passion fruit. It’s become popular over the last couple of years, and it can now be found in most bars that sell cocktails. However, my go to cocktail is a Mojito. It’s not difficult to make so most bars will have it on their menu.
Easy to make at home cocktails
I love to have friends round for a few drinks. Often it might just be a bottle (or two) of wine. Every now and then I like to show off my mixology skills with a few cocktails. I thought I would share with you my top 5 easy to make cocktails.
- Add 10 mint leaves, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 slices of lime to your glass.
- ‘Muddle’ together to bring out the flavour of the mint.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add 25ml (1 shot) of rum
- top up with lemonade
- Stir and enjoy.
- Full your glass with ice cubes
- Add 50ml (2 shots) of Tequila and 100ml of Orange juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain over the glass of ice.
- Slowly add 20ml of Grenadine to the glass, it will drop to the bottom of the glass. It takes a bit of time, so be patient. It will look beautiful.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Add 25ml (1 shot) of vodka and 25ml (1shot) of peach schnapps in to the glass and stir.
- Top up glass with cranberry juice.
Long Island Iced Tea
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Add 25ml vodka, 25ml tequila, 25ml rum, 25ml gin, 25ml triple sec and 25ml sweet and sour mix into the shaker.
- Shake well then strain over a glass of ice.
- Top up with coke
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add 37.5ml (1.5 shot) vodka, 12.5ml (1/2 shot) lime juice, 12.5ml triple sec, 25ml cranberry juice to the shaker.
- Shake to mix and chill down the liquid.
- Strain into cocktail glass.
They might be easy but they sure are yummy. Which one will you be trying?
*images from Pintrest*